Monday 18 October 2010

A WICKED Hallowe'en!

I felt Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West might be appropriate for Halloween! I did her 'pink', the fact she was green totally skipping past me, so added a green tint! Used a bit of pose ref, and a the usual Photoshop brushes. Have a good one, even if I'm being a bit premature!

Edit: Elphaba just got a Gold Award on CGHub! Thank you for that! :) I think the Witch of the South, Glinda, should be next, or maybe of the East and North seeing as those two don't get much 'airtime'!

Edit: Process gif HERE




16 comments:

artistaggie said...

Wow... drop-dead gorgeous, Aly. O_o

Daestwen said...

Aly, that is super hot!!

Don't forget to put it on the pin-up blog! :D

serge birault said...

Gorgeous :)

AdamFF said...

I really love that the green girl still has red knees, such a great illo.

Aly Fell said...

Yay! Thank you! I think I might have over done the pink knees! :)

Britt - done!

Michael de`OZ said...

nice witch

David Cousens said...

I quite like that you can still see the red on the green skinned version. It bugs me when so many characters with a different skin colour (eg blue or green) don't have any pigment variation to speak of.

Amazing work Aly

Badger said...

Really really lovely, i love the composition and the gestures of the hands.

Scary Mary said...

Awsome looking witch;) I also think that the pink knees is a cool touch to the green version..

Hettar7 said...

she's so lovely while keeping a bit of a wicked sinister feeling. really nice.

Daniela Uhlig said...

hey Aly :) I LOVE IT!

alex said...

soooooooooperb master

Sean said...

Hi, I've been a fan of your work since I picked up a copy of ImagineFX #3. I think this is probably my favourite painting of yours so far. Really great. Thanks for sharing.

Ben Newman said...

great! really nice composition on this one, it works really well. doesn't hurt that she reminds me of Sasha Grey either!

Aly Fell said...

Thank you very much. :)

Ben - She is a bit Sasha Greyish I suppose. It's the eyebrows. Ms Grey has wonderful eyebrows. She's also branching out into singing these days, with Current 93...

Christian said...

Hi Aly, this is fantastic. Really good to see your process.