Friday, 16 November 2012

Bare November Days

Decided today was a day for 'me', so finished this off: another slightly cynical young woman wandering round a wood with twigs and leaves in her hair.

Essentially playing with textures and various brushes on that long vertical composition I seem to like so much... I think it's finished, I may look at it tomorrow and see the most obvious of mistakes!

Twig brushes were called "Room122_Winter Branches" from site that supplies free brushes.

Yes that is a muff.


By the way, this is the fantastic poem that inspired the title, if ever there was a more Autumny poem!

My November Guest


by Robert Frost

MY Sorrow, when she’s here with me,
  Thinks these dark days of autumn rain
Are beautiful as days can be;
She loves the bare, the withered tree;
  She walks the sodden pasture lane.
    
Her pleasure will not let me stay.
  She talks and I am fain to list:
She’s glad the birds are gone away,
She’s glad her simple worsted gray
  Is silver now with clinging mist.
     
The desolate, deserted trees,
  The faded earth, the heavy sky,
The beauties she so truly sees,
She thinks I have no eye for these,
  And vexes me for reason why.
  
Not yesterday I learned to know
  The love of bare November days
Before the coming of the snow,
But it were vain to tell her so,
  And they are better for her praise.
 


6 comments:

Mimi Cortazar said...

Beautiful

Aly Fell said...

Thank you Mimi! :)

Peter Underhill said...

Hurr hurr, you said 'muff'.
Nice work too.

Aly Fell said...

Thanks Peter! Snigger...

CGriffin said...

I love her head wreath. So elegant. Hey, what version of PS are you running? Just curious!

Aly Fell said...

CGriffin - Thank you, and I use CS2. I have CS3 but have never installed it. It's the one where they changed the interface. I used CS4 where I used to work and was fine with it, but just prefer CS2. :)