Tuesday 28 September 2010

Emma Frost and stuff...

No post for ages, so apologies. Long term projects and a house move have swallowed much of my time, so hopefully things will be steadier for now...

Marvel's Emma Frost - A little Mr Hughes inspired on the approach to the cape, but the rest is me own (referencing her costume of course)!



A personal piece based on a photograph by John Wright of actress Emily Fitch. I wasn't after a likeness, it was mainly the outfit and the pose I liked so just wanted to do something inspired by it.


Another image based on the same sequence of photographs from John Wright. Less like the original.



This was a Character of the Week on ConceptArt.org I never finished it for the challenge. The topic was The Queen of Music. I did mine inspired by the eighties band Strawberry Switchblade...


A very quick old ChoW, but I've not put it anywhere, I think. The Endless' 'Death' goes Emo... (Heavily influenced by Joe Chiodo) When I did this I forgot to up-scale my resolution so the original is very small unfortunately.


Thanks you for visiting! :o)

10 comments:

Living Rope said...

you're right, you got too rare here !
I dig the Emma Frost, very neat !!
cheers :)

David said...

Your characters are really really cool! I love the Emma Frost painting! Keep it up (:

serge birault said...

Loooove !

Peter Underhill said...

Ambassador, with these five images, you spoil us. As usual Aly, delicious work. Sophie Sees is too damn cute! Thanks.

Gary Newman said...

DAMN!! These are lovely Aly. I love the second and third ones.

Aly Fell said...

Yay! Thank you! I used textures a bit too much for backgrounds on a couple, but I've learnt a lesson from that: Don't use too much in the way of textures! I'm trying to use a bit more reference as well, I think my work could do with it. I'll post a progress at some point for Sophie Sees and Emily's Eyes. I gridded some of the image but changed a whole heap. There are some more Marvely ones to come too, however I've got 78 tarot cards to finish off as well! Well, 79 with the back!

Unknown said...

These are amazing Aly! Great work mate.

Ben Newman said...

fantastic work! great to get a big batch of coll stuff after along wait!

Badger said...

Queen of music lighting is lovely, they are all great! love the outfits!!

Felideus said...

Great work! I'm glad to find your blog ;)