Thursday 31 December 2009

Goodbye 2009

OK, well the year is nearly over, and thank you to people for popping in and visiting my blog. I can’t say how much it has been appreciated. I’m going to try and keep it more updated in the coming months, and also try to include more works in progress and sketches. It's been a dramatic and emotional year for me and my partner, so I'm glad to see the back of 2009, but it ended with her being declared clear of cancer of the throat a few days before Christmas after months of chemo and radiotherapy, so I raise a glass tonight to a great Christmas present and to better times ahead.

Anyway... scribbles... This was where my head was at after looking at Kay Nielsen's work and Florence Harrison a lesser known illustrator from the golden age of British illustrators. A bit of an experiment really. I include the sketch as well.

15 comments:

CGriffin said...

I adore your nouveau sensibilities. This is really lovely...

Retro Kustom Honkytonk said...

Happy New Year! I'm the BettiePage.com blogger who posted your Bettie-as-Miss Muffet artwork. I remain a big fan and have a new blog that is less Bettie-focused:

http://www.retrokustomhonkytonk.com

I look forward to continuing to follow your work!

artistaggie said...

Wow, Aly... beautiful! :-D

Unknown said...

Oooooooo- this is lovely. Very elegant, bold design. Love it!

Ben Newman said...

wow. That is beautiful Aly, I love it.

Kelly said...

I love the sketch, but the more important news for me is that your partner is doing better. I had no idea. Here's hoping that 2010 brings in a lot more cheer and good times (and no remissions)!

Fred Studart said...

Amazing work!!! As usual.
Your progress is incredible. Amazing skills.
I putted a link for you blog on my own. The least I could do.
Cheers! =D

jamie holmes said...

This is great.

anima-base said...

Beautiful~~

Shyam S. Deshpande said...

I adore your works ! lovely chicks and yummy colours :)

Danka said...

I really love your work! You did very nice and funny pin up! Great!

Craig Elliott said...

I love your work with a traditional media look like this. I still like your digital work, but this is a neat new way to look at your work. seems more earthy, rather than slick like the digital work does...

Keep it up!
-Craig

Craig Elliott Gallery

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AmandaShipman2 said...

Your work is beautiful. I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say that your work is amazing.

Aly Fell said...

Thank you for the comments and kind words. I enjoyed working this way, so it might be a process I try to develop in the future. Best wishes... Aly.