Sunday 29 March 2009

Silhouette from Watchmen

Well I've not been here for a while. Lots of things going on in my life which are making things very bizarre right now, but I decided to do something just for myself today, so here's a real quickie, Silhouette from WATCHMEN; the recent movie version of Alan Moores brilliant graphic novel. She made a real impression (!) during her brief appearance in the film. I thought I'd do a version of her with a 'nod' to Mr Elvgren.

Thank you to all who've popped in and commented most kindly.


In the movie Silhouette and her lover get a bit of a rough ride to say the least. An interesting perspective on this is here, and in the links within:

BRIGHT LIGHTS AFTER DARK


However she does get the best scene in the opening credits, and perhaps even the movie (gif by Sonnete):




9 comments:

stu sutcliffe said...

Stunning as usual Aly!

Madeline Carol Matz said...

I haven't been on ca lately and I have missed seeing your postings here. Thanks for posting this and congrats on getting into Spectrum! Your art is always fantastic!

Ben Newman said...

man, your "quickie" would have taken me weeks and still been nowhere near as good! nice to see some new stuff from you.

David Cousens said...

Good stuff Aly!

Brian said...

Love your work man!

David Cousens said...

PS. That animated gif is oddly hypnotic...

Ben Newman said...

man, that is a fantastic scene. I love the way the girl goes limp when silohuette grabs her; something that would only come across in a moving image unfortunately...stupid art :(
thanks for posting this gif.

Daniela Uhlig said...

yeah, great to find your blog!
cheers
dani

Anonymous said...

Came here from CA- thank you for posting the link to the Watchmen article, and the gif :-)
Uli